A Patient Participation Group (PPG) is where a group of health professionals and patients can come together to address issues that effect health and health services in their local community.
Usually connected to a particular GP practice, patient groups provide a link between practice staff and their registered patients.
The agenda of any particular group will depend upon the local needs, interests and energies of the participants, but its key role is to:
- Enable patients to have a say on how the practice operates
- Provide feedback on new systems within the practice such as booking an appointment
- Act as a sounding board for ideas Support the practice to provide a high quality of care and service delivery.
A total of 825 surveys have been completed both online via the practice website and paper copies handed to patients during their visit to the practice.
- The Patient Participation Group (PPG) meets bimonthly and is looking for new members.
- Membership is open to anyone over 16 years old and registered with the practice. If you are interested in joining please see How to Become Involved.
- Please provide mobile number and email address for the surgery.
Contact the Patient Group with your feedback, suggestion, comment or question. Please do not use the form for complaints, these should always be directed to the Practice Manager.
Please note that this form is submitted to the practice prior to going to the Patient Participation Group group.
If you would like to become a member our Patient Participation Group please complete an online application form: