Cumberland House is our main surgery and is located in a grade II listed building situated in the High Street of Stone. The building itself is entwined with history, which includes accommodating The Duke of Cumberland in 1745 during his push north in response to Bonnie Prince Charlie’s Rebellion.
The surgery has the benefit of two entrances, one from the High Street and one from the self-contained car park at the rear of the building off Crown Street. Modernised, with a spacious extension completed in 1994, this provides the friendly but efficient headquarters for today’s primary care team. There are full facilities for the disabled, a comfortable waiting area, up-to-date nurses rooms and helpful receptionists.
There is a central reception area with a touchscreen self-check-in for patients to use on their arrival. The reception staff can assist with this if required and help with any other query.
A full range of services are offered to all our patients including many disease management appointments, such as heart disease, asthma and diabetes.