A response rate for the 2012/13 survey of just over 68% reflects an excellent result and a vast improvement on last year (26%). The survey will be run again, based upon the comments received from our Patient Forum and representatives from Barlaston Parish Council.
The Practice also welcomed any other suggestions that could be included in future questionnaires to help the practice improve services.
The results of the Patient Satisfaction Survey were posted to the practice’s website and Patient Forum site and were available as a hardcopy. A display on the notice board at Cumberland House will also be available during the month of April/ May 2013.
PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP - Action Plan
An Action Plan for 2013/14 was posted on the Patient Forum site.
On the whole the results were reflective of a satisfactory survey with an excellent response rate.
Areas to be addressed for 2013/14 were around routine appointments with any doctor and to a lesser degree with a doctor of choice. The overall results for Q1 and Q2 were reflective of a slightly lower satisfactory rate compared with this last year. This was highlighted at a meeting held on 6.3.2013 with our Patient Group Representatives and summarised below. Helpfulness of the staff at both sites was good and competencies of both doctors and nurses scored highly.
Following a meeting with representatives from our Patient Participation Group/Barlaston Parish Council (6.3.13) the following action points were decided upon:-
· Repeat the survey towards the end of the year with the aim to continue to capture a wider audience and enlist the help of the Parish Council by publishing the questionnaire via their web site.
· Advertise the Telephone Advice service more widely, through Barlaston
Parish Council Web site / Practice web site /Waiting Area both Stone and Barlaston sites.
· The practice would undertake an internal audit of appointment availability, and would commence with nurse appointments to determine whether the practice is making efficient use of appointment time.
The role of the health care assistant will also be taken into consideration.
· Organise a mid year review meeting to look at data from the internal audit and a follow up meeting upon the publication of the results of the patient survey. Publish the results and feedback on Patient Forum also.
· Continue to use virtual group and Barlaston Parish Council group as a valuable means of gaining feedback.