Patient Reference Group - Action Plan
On the whole the results were reflective of a satisfactory survey with an excellent response rate. Areas to be addressed for 2013/14 were around routine appointments with any doctor and to a lesser degree with a doctor of choice. The overall results for Q1 and Q2 were reflective of a slightly lower satisfactory rate compared with this last year. This was highlighted at a meeting held on 6.3.2013 with our Patient Group Representatives and summarised below.
The priority issues identified from previous Patient Satisfaction Surveys were Appointment and Telephone Access and which had previously been discussed with Barlaston Parish Council as our link to Barlaston Health Centre patients. Analysis of Q5 this year did indicate a slight decrease in the number of patients who were not aware of the telephone advice service, reflected by the number of blank replies to this question (30%, compared with 31% previously). The service will continue to be advertised and will continue to be part the practice plan for 2013/14. Helpfulness of the staff at both sites was good and competencies of both doctors and nurses scored highly.
Following a meeting with representatives from our Patient Participation Group/Barlaston Parish Council (6.3.13) the following action points were decided upon:-
• Repeat the survey towards the end of the year with the aim to continue to capture a wider audience and enlist the help of the Parish Council when publishing the questionnaire via their web site.
• Continue to advertise the Telephone Advice service.
• The practice would undertake an internal audit of appointment availability, and would commence with nurse appointments to determine whether the practice is making efficient use of appointment time. The role of the health care assistant will also be taken into consideration.
• Organise a mid year review meeting with representatives of the Patient Participation Group to look at data from the internal audit and a follow up meeting upon the publication of the results of the patient survey. Keep the forum site up-to-date with the results of the audit and feedback.
• Continue to use virtual group and Patient Participation Group (Barlaston Parish Council) as a valuable means of gaining feedback.
Section Two: Please answer the following questions also (please circle appropriate answer) Yes/No/Don’t know/ N/A
Q1 The doctor always treats me with dignity and respect
Q2 The nurse always treats me with dignity and respect
Q3 The receptionists are welcoming and approachable
Q4 Problems are dealt with promptly and efficiently
Q5 I find appointments are available at convenient times
Q6 The surgery buildings are clean, tidy and well presented